Reno 911: Miami

The brave men and women of the Washoe County Sheriff's Department -- the thin khaki line that keeps Reno, Nevada on the straight and narrow -- star in their first feature film, based on the hit Comedy Central television series. The deputies of the Reno Sheriffs Department attend a law enforcement convention in Miami Beach, where the motley crew is charged with protecting the city after bioterrorists attack the convention.

I've never watched the show on Comedy Central. When I saw ads for it, I wrote the show off as a spoof version of Cops that wouldn't really be that funny after the five minute funniness wore off of the premise. I thought that it would have made for a really funny SNL type skit, but a full length show? And now a full length movie? I was skeptical to say the least. After seeing the movie, I feel that my original thought is pretty justified. Not to say that there aren't some really big laughs in the movie, but I didn't think that there were nearly enough to justify me strongly recommending the movie. I'm sure that anyone who likes the show would love the movie, but I thought that it was kind of on the poopish side. Mr. Cinco is very sorry to any Carolinans that might be offended by this review.

I wouldn't really recommend this movie to anyone who isn't a fan of the show. If you like the show - enjoy the movie.