Across The Universe

A love story set against the backdrop of the 1960s amid the turbulent years of anti-war protest and set to the music of The Beatles. The star-crossed lovers, Jude (Jim Sturgess) and Lucy (Evan Rachel Wood), along with a small group of friends and musicians, are swept up into the emerging anti-war and counterculture movements. Tumultuous forces outside their control ultimately tear the young lovers apart, forcing Jude and Lucy – against all odds – to find their own way back to each other.


I loved this movie. I am so mad that I didn't get to see this movie in theaters. Its rare that I rent a movie and watch it 100% attentively like I did this one. This probably was awesome in theaters. It moved through the 60s and 70s at a good pace and it was great how the Beatles songs were worked in. The movie didn't hit you like a musical because the lyrics actually pertained to what was happening at that particular point. It gave you a whole new level of enjoying the music of the Beatles seeing it in a full story like this. On top of that, the "covers" of the Beatles songs, which usually annoy the hell out of me, were so well done in this movie.

I strongly recommend everyone checking this one out. Its one of the better movies out on video shelves right now.