Into The Wild

Into the Wild is based on a true story. After graduating from Emory University in 1992, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless (Hirsch) abandons his possessions, gave his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhiked to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters that shape his life.

This is one of those movies that I know was fundamentally great, but I just wasn't all that in to it. Artistically the movie was amazing and I'm kind of confused how this didn't win Best Cinematography last year. The acting was pretty good too, but I just didn't connect to the movie enough to care. The 2 1/2 hour running time didn't help things out too much either.

I can't really say whether or not to see this movie. It was a well done movie but due to my total lack of emotional connection I'm going to take a pass on this one. You guys are on your own.