Over Her Dead Body

Devastated when his fiancée Kate (Eva Longoria Parker) is killed on their wedding day, Henry (Paul Rudd) reluctantly agrees to consult a psychic named Ashley (Lake Bell) at the urging of his sister Chloe (Lindsay Sloane). Despite his skepticism over her psychic abilities, Henry finds himself falling for Ashley, and vice versa. But there is a big snag. Ashley is being haunted by Kate's ghost, who considers it her heavenly duty to break up Henry and Ashley's fledgling romance.

I figured that this would be one of those totally formula date movies, and for the most part it pretty much was. However, Paul Rudd and Lake Bell provided some pretty huge laughs at different points of the movie and this ultimately made it somewhat enjoyable. I was really surprised at how much I ended up liking this movie even though you could guess how it goes step by step by watching the preview for it. Eva Longoria is just as over the top and annoying as she is on Desperate Housewives, but the other two totally save this movie and even managed to make Longoria look better at times.

I would recommend people checking this one out via rental. Never in a million years did I expect to write that, but I laughed a lot more during this movie that I thought I would.