Under The Same Moon

Under the Same Moon tells the parallel stories of nine-year-old Carlitos and his mother, Rosario. In the hopes of providing a better life for her son, Rosario works illegally in the U.S. while her mother cares for Carlitos back in Mexico. Unexpected circumstances drive both Rosario and Carlitos to embark on their own journeys in a desperate attempt to reunite. Along the way, mother and son face challenges and obstacles but never lose hope that they will one day be together again.

This is one of those textbook you see the trailer - you see the movie films. That's not to say that its not a watchable movie. The problem though is that I didn't necessarily find it enjoyable. It was just kind of there. I didn't find myself emotionally attached to what was going on in any way. I'm sure that if anyone had gone through anything like this it might be the best movie ever to them, but I found myself not caring and then getting mad at myself for possibly being insensitive because of my lack of caring. It wasn't bad at all, but just didn't really pull me in.

With all of my babbling being said - I'd still recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys hardship dramas like this. I'm sure that you will find the movie much more intriguing than I did.