Cheri

An adaptation of the 1920s novel by French author Colette about the lingering effects of a romance between a middle-aged woman (Pfeiffer) and a wealthy young man (Friend). Set in 1920s Paris, where the young son of a wealthy courtesan (Bates) is educated in the ways of love by a middle-aged friend of the man's mother. When he is forced to give up the six-year relationship after marrying someone else, the young man can't forget her and retreats into a fantasy world.


I watched about 15 minutes of this movie when we had it at my theatre to see if I would bother ever watching it again. I fell asleep almost instantly. From what I remember it was one of those old English type movies and was a total snooze fest.


It wasn't enough to capture my attention for 2 minutes much less 15 so no I probably wouldn't recommend anyone checking this out unless you happen to be in to those old English type movies.