Midnight In Paris


Midnight in Paris is a romantic comedy that follows a family travelling to the city for business. The party includes a young engaged couple that has their lives transformed throughout the journey. The film celebrates a young man's great love for Paris, and simultaneously explores the illusion people have that a life different from their own is better.

I was shocked at how much I enjoyed this movie. Most of Woody Allen's recent movies have disappointed. I'm not familiar at all with the city of Paris - which I was told was like a character in this movie. And the thought of Owen Wilson as the lead in it seemed like a bad joke. However, I really enjoyed this movie with the back and forth between past and present and how the story progressed.

I would definitely recommend people checking this out. Its a quality, entertaining movie that doesn't disappoint.