50/50



Inspired by a true story, 50/50 is an original story about friendship, love, survival and finding humor in unlikely places. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen star as best friends whose lives are changed by a cancer diagnosis. 50/50 is the story of a guy's transformative and, yes, sometimes funny journey to health - drawing its emotional core from Will Reiser's own experience with cancer and reminding us that friendship and love, no matter what bizarre turns they take, are the greatest healers.

I really enjoyed this movie.  I was afraid that it would be sappy and heartstring pulling, but it wasn't at all.  It seemed pretty genuine with the different emotions and people's reactions to the events.  Joseph Gordon-Levitt was especially strong and I'm surprised he didn't get more recognition for this in such a down year for movies.  I am not a really big fan of Seth Rogen, but he didn't even really annoy me too much in this movie.  That's pretty impressive. 

I would definitely recommend people checking this out.  It's a good watch and definitely worth your time.