Thor: Love And Thunder


Thor embarks on a journey unlike anything he's ever faced -- a quest for inner peace. However, his retirement gets interrupted by Gorr the God Butcher, a galactic killer who seeks the extinction of the gods.

This is a tough one to review.  I actually sat on it for three days.  My love for Marvel movies is well documented so I was struggling with if I was just accepting this movie because it was Marvel or if I did actually like it while not loving it.  After thinking about it I think its more of the second part.  There was still plenty to like about this movie.  Christian Bale was awesome.  Korg is still one of my favorite MCU characters.  Natalie Portman was probably the best she has been so far as Jane Foster.  And there were plenty of laughs and silliness similar to Thor: Ragnarok.  The problem is that there was too much silliness and there is a part of my brain that massively struggles with Thor being like the Benny Hill of the MCU.  I mean he is Thor.  The sarcastic comments and great timing of delivery is top notch but the slapstick kind of stuff just hits me as off.   That is not to say that the movie was bad or that I didn't like it.  I definitely did but like I said I expected to love it and there were a lot of points that I was watching it with a confused dog face because of how slapstick silly it was.  

I would obviously still recommend people checking this movie out.  It's definitely an entertaining watch even with the "offness" in it.  Will this be ranked in the upper half of Marvel movies?  No.  But it will also not be at the bottom of said rankings either.