Ferrari


During the summer of 1957, bankruptcy looms over the company that Enzo Ferrari and his wife built 10 years earlier. He decides to roll the dice and wager it all on the iconic Mille Miglia, a treacherous 1,000-mile race across Italy.

This is one of those movies where you know you are watching a very well made movie and a very well acted movie but like there is next to zero hook that makes you care.  Like I very much respect the movie but it wasn't that high on the enjoyable meter because it ended up just kind of being there and led to me wondering how/why this guy was worthy of an autobiographical movie.   

I would kind of recommend people checking this out because I'm pretty sure that it will be in the running for end of year awards.  Again - very well done but kind of dropped the ball on the emotional hook for me at least.