The Night Listener

The Night Listener is about a popular public radio storyteller Gabriel Noone (Robin Williams) developing an intense phone relationship with a young listener named Pete (Rory Culkin) and the social worker who rescued him from a life of abuse (Toni Collette). But Gabriel soon comes to the startling realization that it is quite possible that neither the boy nor his painful account of his childhood really exist.

I can't remember the last time that a "suspense" movie bored me this much. I've always been a huge fan of Robin Williams, but he has got to stop making these creepy, suspense movies. They just don't suit him at all. I'd give anything for him (as well as Bill Murray) to just go back to straight up comedy roles again. Anywho, I digress a bit. This movie couldn't have been less intriguing if it tried. I've been more on the edge of my seat waiting for Wonder Woman's awesome pudding pies to settle so I can eat them then I was during this movie. I was actually excited when the credits started rolling so that I could get the hell out of the theater.

I wouldn't recommend anyone bothering to rent this snooze fest. If it's on cable, you could go ahead a check it out . . . . . . especially if you are having trouble sleeping.