More Than A Game

More Than a Game tells the true story of five talented young basketball players, including future NBA superstar LeBron James, and their remarkable journey from Akron, Ohio to the national high school championship series.


Besides movies, following sports is my biggest hobby. Although I love "playing" basketball, I have little interest in watching the NBA. I follow it but I just can't watch it. With all the constant player movement and what not I can't stand how different it is from when I was a kid and it was Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and of course Michael Jordan. That being said - the one player that I love to watch now is LeBron James. The man is amazing in terms of talent and maturity at such a young age. I considered myself privileged to have grown up watching Michael Jordan play and never thought anything would ever come close to that. However, getting to watch this guy in my adult years is just as big of a privilege. This movie captures that maturity and charisma excellently. It also does a great job of explaining why and how he is so unselfish - a true rarity in the world of sports/superstardom. This was a great documentary especially since it spent just as much time on everyone else involved besides LeBron James.

I very strongly recommend people checking this out. Its a very well done documentary on the start of someone that will go down in history as one of the greatest atheletes of all time.