The Final Season

In the small town of Norway, Iowa, everyone comes together for high school baseball. But life throws curve balls; and the passionate young players, rookie coach Kent Stock (Sean Astin), and the hometown fans find that life's greatest challenges strike off the diamond. The Final Season is the true story of a coach who inspired his team and brought hope to a town when they needed it most.

This movie is a textbook small town sports movie. It had every possible cliche. It had great heart to hear moments. It had the occasional humorous moments. It had the whole underdog aura thing going on. Hell, it even had "Rudy" being a coach of a bunch of . . . . . . Rudies. Regardless, I enjoyed it. I don't know that I'll ever not enjoy one of these movies because I have always had such a soft spot for them. I thought that Sean Astin was great and so were the kids on the baseball team.

I'd recommend anyone who enjoys sports movie go ahead and check this one out. Its not a must see by any means, but is pretty worth the watch.