The Savages

An irreverent look at life, love and mortality – through the lens of one of the most surreal experiences facing American families: when adult siblings are plucked from their everyday, ordinary, self-centered lives to care for an estranged elderly parent. There is a moment in everyone's life when childhood ends and adulthood begins, for Jon and Wendy Savage that moment is now.

This movie started out awesome. It simply felt very very very real. The characters and their situations were so dead on with real life experiences. Philip Seymour Hoffman was awesome as always. Laura Linney was a little bit too whiny though. The only problem with the movie is that it started to drag as it went on. Even with the terrible ordeal these two adult kids were going through with watching their father degenerate and die, I found myself caring less and less as the movie went on. It hooked me so well in the beginning but just couldn't hold on even though the performances and script were really good.

I'd lukewarmly recommend this movie to people. I enjoyed it but not as much as I wanted to. Perhaps my expectations ruined the movie for me and you'll like it more than I did.