The DaVinci Code

I'm not even going to bother with a summary of this movie. If you don't know what this movie (and 7 million week best selling book) is about, then you really need to climb out from underneath the rock you are living under. Besides, you really can't go in to detail about what it's about without blatantly telling what the controversial subject matter is.

Regardless, I had read the book and loved it. I couldn't wait to see the movie and when I finally got to the biggest thing that went through my head was . . . . . . . . Thank God I read the book first. It was almost as if reading it was a prerequisite to seeing the movie. For those who see this without seeing the movie - you can still enjoy it but they didn't really go in to as much detail and explain why certain things within the movie. For example, there is the albino that is chasing Tom Hanks the whole movie. In the book - it goes in to tremendous detail as to why he is doing this and his beliefs. In the movie - he's just going after him and you see him as the villian.

The bottom line is that the studio was pretty much damned if they do and damned if they didn't make this movie. There was just no way that it couldn't be made. But there was really no way that they would be able to capture the suspense and intrigue of the book when transferring it to film.

Now that the rants are over . . . . . I did actually like this movie and I would recommend it to all people . . . . . with a very strong suggestion of them reading the book first.